Monday, February 11, 2013

ABW Challenge: Day 17

Day 17
There seems to be something magical about this skirt that pictures are not able to capture. If you look closely, you can see that the pink skirt has a gold hue to it that makes it shimmer when the light hits it. When I originally purchased it, I was not aware of this (awesome) effect. Every single time I have worn it, I have received compliments from people, from my boss at work to random people in the hallway.

Because the skirt is so unique, I chose to pair it with simple pieces that would not take away from the skirt itself. Wearing a black sweater and pairing it with dark tights was an easy way to draw eyes to the skirt. I also put my pearl necklace with the outfit, just to add something to the black crew neck.

Shopping List:


Pinterest Inspiration

                                                                      Source: model-mode.tumblr.com via Noelle on Pinterest

I love this model's curls and pushed back headband. It reminds me of the Disney cartoon of Alice in Wonderland and her black bow headband. As opposed to doing the soft curls above, I went with pincurls I left in my hair overnight (see this entry for pin).


No comments:

Post a Comment