Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ABW Challenge: Day 14

 



Day 14








 



I was a little hesitant to wear this outfit. The concept seemed great: lots of solid colors that matched up with the floral printed top I got from H&M. But as soon as I put it on, I felt like Rainbow Brite. As I was already running behind, I didn't second guess myself and went with it.

Apparently, Rainbow Brite would receive much praise from my campus, especially if she were wearing the sneakers. These Levi (who knew they make sneakers?) high tops were given to me by my dad, who knows I have an infinity for any shade of violet.  I had been trying to figure out how to coordinate them into an outfit, but most days I chickened out and went with my oxfords. I nearly did today, too, except I couldn't find the other one (of course, it was under my bed the whole time). 

I think this is a fun, bright outfit that stands out from the cool and dark colors of winter. The top itself is sleeveless, which is why I paired it with my blazer. I think it worked well with balancing the bright blue jeggings. 

I also paired it with my peter pan collar necklace, also from H&M. I seldom wear this top without the necklace. I think the high cut of the top makes the necklace really stand out. 

 Another comment I got today was how nice my hair looked. For this I would like to thank my beautiful, wonderful, brand new.... 









PYT Styling Tool!










My mother originally bought one for herself from one of those mall vendors. As I live on campus now, I find it a lot more difficult to mooch off of her straighnter. Luckily, I was able to find one on Amazon for about $40. I think it is well worth the price since I go to my hair salon to get my hair this straight and smooth for the same price per visit. 

I'm not exactly sure what makes it so different from any other straightener, and I am not sure what importance ceramic plates are to hair. I'll be honest; I don't really care how a product works, as long as it does work without any serious repercussions. But it's great. I love it. Great investment if you have thick or naturally curly hair that needs to be smooth. Tomorrow, I hope to use it as a curler (Pintrest will be used in the making of this hairdo!). 

Shopping List:

No comments:

Post a Comment