Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Capes

When these were starting to hit some department stores last autumn, I was a little 'iffy about them. The name alone gives off images of super heroes doing elaborate stunts off some skyscrapper. However, as with many fashion trends, I have learned to actually like capes. The silouette alone is enough reason to break out of the usual peacoats that people wear in the fall. Vogue did a segment in The Social Shopper talking about unpredictable fall weather, and featured a number of cute (but expensive) ones. I found a few more affordable ones that stand out just as much over at the Macy's website.

This BCX jacket is inexpensive and comes in a black and gray leopard print that's great for fall.

BCX V Neck Wool Cape @ Macy's

I love this Anne Klein cape. The tweed texture would be a good contrast to nearly any ensemble. I also like that its belted to give an hourglass shape to the cape.

AK Anne Klein Tweed Cape @ Macy's

This cape is also a great cape I found over on the Nordstrom website. The half-bow collar put the finishing touch to this smooth cape.
Tahari 'Belle' Capelet @ Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment