Thursday, June 28, 2012

Monochrome

Monochrome


Feeling inspired by Vogue's website today, I set out to try at least one of the trends that I came across on the site. As usual, I got sidetracked and created something completely different.

That's one of the greatest things about putting together an outfit, in my opinion. Whether it be in your own closet or at the mall, you try to put together the latest trends and stylish ensembles displayed in magazines and the media. And yet, as much as you want to become like the models you see, you still itch to go forth with something different. Sometimes it still resembles what you originally intended; others, it's a creation that is all your own. Either way, the outfit is something you put together.

I somehow found myself making a monochromatic outfit. Although I've done this before, I always find that I have to put the pop of color into it; the bright fuchia handbag, the turquoise heels, the yellow bangle. But this time, I was able to follow through, and I like the outcome of it.

To me, it's an outfit I imagine myself wearing on the way to work, a Starbucks coffee in hand as I try and make it to the office on time. The striped skirt is the most eye catching piece, but is toned down enough by the solid blazer and briefcase to prevent it from being overbearing. Hopefully in the future, I'll be in a situation where looking trendy at the office is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment