Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Summer Dress

The Summer Dress


This set is the first in the new segment I'm making: The Looks of Summer 2012.

The idea originally came up by accident. It was two in the morning, and I could not get to sleep. So what better way to spend my insomnia than doing something productive, like making a new set. The issue was that I could not figure out what I wanted to put together. Inadvertently, I made different sections of skirts, dresses, tops, and shoes that I wanted to wear this summer. Knowing that I could not include all of them in one set, I instead chose to feature each by themselves.

These dresses are the shapes that will featured this summer. The peplum is a new favorite, paying homage to a style that can be traced back as far as the 19th century. Back then, the look was done with an overcoat. The modern peplum came in fashion around the 1940s, and have now made a reappearance.

I love cutout dresses, especially ones with shapes or bows. There's something very alluring about an open back. I like this dress especially because of the heart shape in the back and the flared out skirt.

The high low dress is the newest trend, its shape previously seen in gowns and formal dresses. The shape will be featured more for the skirts segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment